Outback Steakhouse (or simply Outback) is an Australian-themed American casual dining restaurant chain. The branch in Doha made its debut in April 10, 2013 and is located at Lagoona Mall.
We went tasting this new guy in town on last Thursday evening.
The restaurant is located in a building that connect Lagoona Mall and Zig Zag Tower; overlooking a plaza in between these two most recognized towers in Doha. Nearby are Carrefour Market and chilis restaurant.
We arrive at 7pm with restaurant only about one third full. There are couple of tables outside of the restaurant or in the plaza. The decor is Australian-themed though it is not as crowded as chilis or Applebee in accessories. One Australia map accessory posted on the wall to signify the theme.
We ordered Bloomin’ Onion which seemed very intriguing; Outback Special (steak), Grilled Chicken Sandwich and Fish and Chips. For drinks we ordered Milk shakes, iced tea (free refill), soda coke and large bottled water.
These were what I found:
- Services: quick service and attentive attendant (once orders settled, they came back in 5 minutes with complimentary bread; 10 min with drinks; 15 minutes with fish and chips and 25 min with steak). They offered complimentary orange juice for kids!
- Bread: brown long bread. tasty cream
- Bloomin’ Onion: big portion. fried too long. but cream is good.
- Steak: ordered well-done but it came very dry. potato is ok. cheesy corn is good
- Fish and chips: probably the best among our orders. fish is fresh and crisp on the outside but soft inside
- Chicken sandwich: no complaint
Will be back? Yes or No. Yes for fish and chips, blooming onion. No for the steak unfortunately.
- Bloomin’ Onion QR38 – enough for 4 adults!
- Fish n chips with fries QR54
- Outback special 6oz with potato and corn (or any other two side dishes) QR76
- Grilled chicken sandwich QR43
- Kid’s steak 6oz QR43
- Milk shakes chocolate regular QR21
- Iced Tea (regular) QR10
- Bottled water (large 1.5L) QR12